The National Indian Justice Center (NIJC) administers the Tribal Engagement and Technical Assistance (TE/TA) Project, funded by grant 74A0980 from the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant Program. The TE/TA project allows NIJC to provide training and technical assistance services to Caltrans staff, California Tribes, and other collaborative transportation partners. NIJC will support the Caltrans Native American Liaison Branch (NALB) in efforts to engage and collaborate with California Tribes through activities such as:
(1) on-call technical assistance services for Caltrans and Metropolitan Planning Organizations planning staff,
(2) special studies,
(3) in-person training sessions for Caltrans and Metropolitan Planning Organizations planning staff,
(4) technical assistance for tribes applying for planning grants,
(5) tribal transportation plan development, and
(6) training sessions in support of tribal transportation planning and funding programs.
- Course creator: Carol Oliva